- Post-graduate Student Representative – Dundee School of Architecture 2010-11.
- Gold Award, International Students Exhibition – Shanghai Biennalle 2008.
- Martin Jones Award – Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland 2007.
- Sketch Design Competition (third) - Dundee Institute of Architects 2006.
- Sectional drawing competition (joint winner) - Dundee School of Architecture 2004.
- Dux – Ullapool High School 2000.
Key Projects, Publications, and Exhibitions
- ‘tillidh mi dhachaidh‘ catalogue and retrospective published; editor, contributor and print designer
- paper ‘ landscape – here be dragons‘ given at international conference ‘the cultural role of architecture‘ at the University of Lincoln
- exhibited ‘leave only photographs‘ and ‘dragon hunting‘; at ‘an talla solais’ in Ullapool; as part of ’tillidh mi dhachaidh‘ festival
- creative workshops ‘my town‘ and ‘walk this way‘ run with pupils of wester-ross schools : Ullapool High School, Ullapool Primary School, and Achiltibuie Primary School
- exhibited ‘voice of suzhou‘; as part of Shanghai Student Bienalle
2001 – Advanced Higher Computing (A); CSYS Maths (A); Standard Grade Graphic Communications (1)
2000 – 5 Highers [Maths (A), Art and Design (A), Physics (A), Computing (A), English (B)]
1999 – 8 Standard Grades [Maths (1), Physics (1), Chemistry(1), Computing (1), Geography (1), Art and Design (1), French (1), English (2)]
Architectural Work Experience
2009-2011 Seminar Coordinator – Dundee School of Architecture
- Scheduling and publicising of speakers and events
– Booking and preparation of venues including catering
– ICT support
2008-2009 Part Two Architectural Assistant – RMJM, Edinburgh
Projects: Major building projects (including Okhta centre), Urban analysis and regeneration studies, competition entries and sketch designs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Architectural roles including design development studies, option analysis and detail design.
- Preparation of CAD documentation and scheduling.
- Modeling and graphics work including preparation of physical and digital models, diagrams, graphics, boards, documents and reports.
- Attendance and involvement in meetings and presentations to client bodies, statutory bodies, design team meetings and design reviews.
- Investigative and research work including contextual and urban studies.
- Administrative task including taking meeting minutes, correspondence and filing.
2008-2009 Part-Time Studio Tutor – Dundee School of Architecture
Projects: Prestigious design projects including Private Houses. Consultation projects including site analysis and response.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Part-time role working across a range of the offices projects.
- Working on design development and site investigations.
projects: Large scale Housing, Medium scale Mixed Use developments, Competition entries
Roles and responsibilities:
- Architectural Roles on projects in RIBA stages A-D.
- Preparation of CAD drawings and documents for planning.
- Graphics and Presentation work.
- Model Making.
- Design Development including analysis and discussion of forms for compliance with light and fire regulations
- General Administration and assistant roles.
Other Work Experience
2011 + Customer Service Manager / Business Support Assistant
- Tesco Customer Service Centre, Dundee
- Telephony, Written Response and Customer Service
- Supporting Colleagues.
- Escalated Contact Handling.
- Exceptional Contact and Problem Solving.
- Data Handling and Mass Communication.
2004-2005 Barman/ Waiter – The Old Dock Bar, Leith
2001-2003 Kitchen/ Takeaway Team - The Seaforth Inn, Ullapool
1999 Sales Assistant – The Captain’s Cabin, Ullapool
1999-2002 Various roles – Macphail Theatre, Ullapool
- Various voluntary and paid roles such as sound, lighting, stage management and front of house roles such as bar and usher. Working with Professional and Amateur groups such as Scottish Opera and Ceol Agus Brogan.